Key Benefits of the new Optimus Vega stove:Key Benefits of the new Optimus Vega stove:
The new Optimus Vega remote canister stove combines all of the great pluses of a remote canister stove, with the ability to burn in liquid-gas mode (4-Season mode). This added versatility lets you run the stove in traditional upright mode (Efficiency Mode) for optimal efficiency and flame control or, with a simple twist, invert the canister to deliver liquid gas directly to the burner.
This configuration diminishes reliance on internal canister pressure, greatly improving cold-weather and low-fuel performance, and boots stove output significantly anytime speed really counts. It compares most closely to the new MSR WindPro2, but The Vega has been engineered to perform better and weigh less.
· Inverted Liquid-Gas Mode: Increased cold-weather and low-fuel performance with more consistent output across all fuel levels with built in canister stand
· Most Efficient: Remote burner allows the use of an, included with stove, windscreen for maximum efficiency, even in harsh conditions
· Lightest weight & most Compact: One of the most ultralight and compact remote canister stoves on the market. Weighs just 6.3 oz.; fits in a one-liter pot- (MSR WindPro2 stove is 6.6oz.
· Most Versatile: Supports large pots for group use; compatible with bake ovens (Lower profile 6.5cm and more stable than WindPro2 at 8.5cm height. Vega has wider legs than WindPro2 for use with larger pot sizes)
· Priced right: $95 retail price @ 7Summitsgear.com
Efficiency Mode: the stove gets best fuel-efficiency in upright canister (Efficiency-Mode) vapor gas mode. Simmering is also best in Efficiency Mode.
Why the Inverted Canister Mode (4-Season Mode) is important.
· Cold temperatures: this translates into lower pressure in the gas canister. As a result your stove does not perform at usual power. Invert your canister and continue cooking in liquid gas mode at constant pressure. Depending on the conditions, you may be able to operate your stove in 4-season mode in temperatures down to approx. -20°C / -9°F. By contrast, a full cartridge upright canister stove isn't much good in temperatures lower than -5°C / 20°F.
· Nearly empty cartridge: when the gas level in your canister is coming to an end, the pressure level is dropping and the stove is losing power. In that case you can continue cooking in 4-Season mode at constant pressure until the canister is completely emptied.
· Turbo boost: when a very fast boil-time is needed, the canister can be flipped around. Cooking in 4-season mode is about 30% faster than in vapor gas mode. However, consumption is about 15-20% higher.
Boil time: as little as 3 min/L in 4 Season Mode and 4.5 min/L in efficiency mode depending on climate etc.
Burn time: up to 160 min at max. output (230 g canister) in efficiency mode
Dimensions: 130 x 70 x 65 mm / 5.12 x 2.76 x 2.56 inches
Kit includes: complete stove, windscreen, storage bag
Power: 3,700 W / 12,580 BTU in 4 Season Mode and 1,400 W / 4,760 BTU in efficiency mode
Technology: Gas (Butane, Propane, Isobutane)
Weight: 178 g / 6.28 oz